-

Monday, May 29, 2006

Yeah college is starting in a week's time. ADTP. I'm hardly looking forward to it though, and i don't even know whether i want to go to the states. So don't bother asking me what am i doing.
Life's actually pretty 'ok' inspite of the fact my comps just has bad luck. First my modem, then my comp, then my modem, them my comp. I'm offering a reward for whoever can fix this shit of my comp this time. And i can't watch the damn lost season finale. AH! Plus i think i will 'make it' in the future being a driver, drebar. And oh yea! my new found interest - table tennis! i'm a-ddict... i'm a-ddict-ed to it. Doubt i will be going college anymore. Join the malaysian team, whoop everyone and become WORLD CHAMP-I-O-N. Ping pong is fun!

Pass weeks since i came back from camerons made me really thinking. I have changed. I think i am involved in too many things. (eg: cell group planner, camp commitee, music ministry, OA mission trip, bible quiz, games). Burn out? maybe, maybe not? i don't know. But then again, i could just be exaggerating when i see how my dad does it. I'm just dissapointed of the lack of commitment from the people i expect to have. A Moment they get all so excited about something, but where is the commitment? There isn't any. Not saying that i am perfect or what, but just walk the talk?
It's easy to start, never easy to continue - ben :D
I have 2 options. Let it all go and don't give 2 or 3 shits about it anymore and watch all the efforts go down the drain then laugh " haha! see i toldya!" or never give up?
- i think i prefer the secound one.

Just a thought from a book i read:
We are likely to think that absolute obedience-obedience unto death-is something we can only learn gradually. It is a great mistake and harmful potential. What we do need to learn gradually, is to practise new and more difficult commands. Serving is not only doing the things you enjoy or feel comfortable doing eg:music, leading, singing etc. Nobody likes the dirty jobs...

She is going to Club med tommorow :s hmm.
I love this song:

We will dance
I've watched the sunrise in your eyes
And I've seen the tears fall like the rain
You've seen me fight so brave and strong
You've held my hand when I'm afraid

We've watched the seasons come and go
We'll see them come and go again
But in winter's chill, or summer's breeze
One thing will not be changin'

CHORUS:
We will dance
When the sun is shining
In the pouring rain
We'll spin and we'll sway
And we will dance
When the gentle breeze
Becomes a hurricane
The music will play
And I'll take your hand
And hold you close to me
And we will dance

Sometimes it's hard to hold you tight
Sometimes we feel so far apart
Sometimes we dance as one
And feel the beating of each others hearts

Some days the dance is slow and sweet
Some days we're bouncing off the walls
No matter how this world may turn
Our love will keep us from fallin'

CHORUS

The music will play
And I'll hold you close
And I won't let you go
Even when our steps
Grow weak and slow
Still I'll take your hand
And hold you close to me
And we, will dance

-steven curtis chapman

3 Comments:

Blogger Markus Ng said...

hi benjamin! i soo understand how you feel about being dissapointed in ministry. really glad you prefer not to give up =)

it might help for you to cut down on the number of ministries you're involved in, especially since you're starting college soon. better than to burn out fast. just pick like 2/3 and do them well. it might also seem like you're jsut exaggerating when you compare yourself to your dad, but remember that he's been doing it for many years ;)

see you around in a few weeks time..

5:45 AM  
Blogger ShaunDeroo- said...

viva la we will dance!

7:15 AM  
Blogger elinenauta said...

hey guys,

thanx, after years I finally know the name of the singer of "we will dance".
I also like this song very much, but I only have a pink cd without any name... so... thanx!
btw... do you like "I'll take care of you"? I think it's from the same singer, it's also on the pink cd.
well, that was it.
thanks again from Eline Nauta, Holland

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home